The ACFW conference is one of the best if not the best conference for fiction writers of all genres. You have good fun, good fellowship and good food. It is a time of renewing old friendships and making new.
One of the most difficult things for me this summer is to realize I won’t make the conference this year…the first one I’ve missed since joining ACFW way back in its beginning. I’m still praying for a miracle because I hate having to wait another year to see so many of the writing friends made over the years.
Here’s my list of things that make the conference the most fun ever and the best one you’ll ever attend.
1. Late night chats with old friends and new
2. Matching faces with names from the loop
3. Chocolate Party
4. Wonderful Awards Dinner
5. Meeting Editors and Agents in the hall, at mealtimes, by appointment
6. Learning so much about the craft of writing
7. Book signing…this year at the Mall of the Americas…wow…fantastic
8. Mingling with authors like Deb Raney, Brandilyn Collins, Colleen Coble, Gayle Roper, Kim Sawyer, Susan May Warren, and so many others.
Of course the list could go on and on. If this is your first conference, hop on over to the Forums on our website and you’ll find topics and friends willing to tell you everything you need to know.
Check out my blog from last year for the memories I have from all the other conferences. Here are more pictures taken last year. I will be there in spirit if not in body, and I’ll be praying for all of you everyday.